Everyone must know, if you are dealing with bulk SMS.
To avoid or minimize the online fraud, TRAI is ready with blockchain-based Distributed Ledger Technology (DLT) platform to counter the menace of SMS spam and fraud.
To Understand the whole Scenario read the following:
Types of SMS
✔ Promotional SMS: This SMS related with company offers/Sale/Reward/Bonanza and discounts etc. it will not deliver to DND enabled account.
✔ Transactional SMS: This SMS related with transaction, it will trigger when any action is triggered, actions are usually related with any web application or transactions.
Like, ATM withdrawal, EMI Deduction, Renewal Reminder, Shopping Intimation etc.
Transactional SMS need to be registered with TRAI through DLT registration, during the registration we have to disclose all details about sender Company, Sender ID and text format with the authority, so that any fake SMS or link cannot be send to any one without consent of authority.
Usually transaction SMS trigger through some web application.
Steps for DLT Registration:
1. Apply for DLT Registration on your desired SMS-route.
2. Once registered on any one of the platforms, you need to update your KYC on other operator's DLT portals to ensure better delivery of your SMS using your unique PE ID (principal entity ID).
3. Once you get PE ID, you may register SMS-Template for approval, It may Take 24-48 hours for approval/rejection for your request.
4. Then same template is to be approved on local SMS-Panel. Normally it may approve immediately.
5. The final step is to integrate SMS API with application, so that sms can be triggered and message can be delivered to concerned person.
The entire process need attention and patience, as many SMS provider and vendors have very less information about DLT registration and the related compliances as it is effective since 01-Apr-2021.
DLT registration is auto process system that cannot be pushed for quick approval.
All above reason and statistic make Facebook as pioneer platform in the social campaign world.